Each week, Animal Patrons Australia collect and distribute essential supplies to animals affected by disaster. Below is the current list of goods required, as requested by sanctuaries, shelters and carers.
Rescue and Rehabilitation Supplies – Week 7, 2020
Any item from our wish list will greatly assist the efforts being made to the animal carers we are assisting:
General Supplies – available from most supermarkets and pet stores
- [URGENT] Puppy pads
- [URGENT] Hirudoid Cream – available at Priceline and many other stores
- [URGENT] Genteal or other gel-based meds for dry eyes – readily available from supermarkets and chemits
- Fruit baby food squeeze packs
- Betadine liquid – for wound treatment
- Paw paw ointment
Specialised Supplies – available from most pet stores and wildlife feed suppliers
- [URGENT] Wombaroo ALL PRODUCTS – Wombat, Possum, Kangaroo and Koala Milk, High Protein Powder, Insectavore (readily available from My Pet Warehouse, Vet Products Direct, Pet Chemist, or search for Stockists here.
- [URGENT] Heating pads (www.warmapet.com.au)
- [URGENT] Snugglesafe Microwave Heat Pads
- [URGENT] Biolac Formulas
- F10 Veterinary disinfectant – readily available from most pet stores, search online for best price
- Di-Vetalact – readily available, search online for best price
- Hartmanns Fluids
- Animal feeding bottles and teats
Specialised Supplies – Medical
- Syringes (1 to 60mL), 2/3mL syringes required
- Surgical scissors
- Prima tape
- Jelonet dressing
- Flamazine burn cream
How we distribute donated goods
On same day of receipt, all goods are sorted, counted and catalogued into our stock database. At any one time we have an accurate stocktake of all goods held in our Distribution Centre.
Distribution by request
Animal carers may contact our Sanctuary Co-ordinator to directly request goods. Upon receipt of a request, we pack the order from stock holdings and arrange transport via our volunteer network, or established distribution network. Carers also have the option to collect supplies directly from us.
If we are unable to supply requested goods, we will endeavour to source those items via our extended network. We also note these for future supply lists.
Distribution by direct support
Our team is constantly monitoring news items, chat groups, social media and other sources for requests of support. Once we have identified a carer we can support, our Sanctuary Co-ordinator will reach out to arrange supply of required items.
Where to deliver your donated goods
We have taken possession of our new Distribution Centre, which is very exciting news! While we’re in the process of making final arrangements to occupancy and workplace compliance, we’ll be be open for limited hours.
Very soon, our Distribution Centre will be open for deliveries and pick-ups most days.
In Person Deliveries
Animal Patrons Australia, 443 Swan Street, Richmond, Victoria
WEDNESDAY 12 FEB: 11am – 1pm
SATURDAY FEB 15: 8am – 10am
Or via post to Karan White, PO Box 3064, Auburn, Victoria, 3123.
The bush fire crisis has had a devastating impact on animals and their habitats. Your donation – no matter how big or small – will make a difference in assisting carers in disaster zones.
Image used with permission from Jo-Anne McArthur / We Animals Media.