Each week, Animal Patrons Australia collect and distribute essential supplies to animals affected by disaster. Below is the current list of goods required, as requested by sanctuaries, shelters and carers.
Rescue and Rehabilitation Supplies – Week 16, 2020
Any item from our wish list will greatly assist the efforts being made to the animal carers we are assisting.
This week we’re continuing to focus on supporting families affected by COVID-19 who may have difficulty providing for their domestic pets. Prefer to support our wildlife? Deliveries are occurring regularly to sanctuaries and will always remain a priority of our efforts.
General Supplies – available from most supermarkets and pet stores
- Dog and Cat Food – kibble and canned
- Puppy and Kitten food – kibble and canned
- Kitty Litter
- Rabbit and Guinea Pig food
- Fruit baby food squeeze packs
- Bird Seed – Finch, Small Parrot, Wild Bird and Rainbow Lorikeet mix
- Weet-bix or similar breakfast cereal – used as a supplementary feed for lambs
Animal Supplies – available from most pet stores, wildlife feed suppliers and online
- Salt Lick Blocks – provides concentrated source of critical minerals, prices start at $7.50. Search online for best price
- Lick Block – similar to above with molasses and fortified with essential minerals. From $9.95. Try Oz Farmer or search online for best price
- Nutrigel – high concentrate vitamin and mineral supplement, readily available. Search online for best price
- Cetrigen Antibacterial Wound Spray – from $19.50, search online for best price
- [URGENT] Di-Vetelact – readily available, search online for best price
- [URGENT] Wombaroo Kangaroo Pellets (any size – readily available, search online for best price)
- [URGENT] Macropod Pellets (any size – readily available, search online for best price)
- [URGENT] Crittacare (any size and variety – readily available, search online for best price)
- [URGENT] Herbivore Pellets (any size and variety – readily available, search online for best price)
- Animal feeding bottles and teats
How we distribute donated goods
Our method for distribution of goods is varying in response to protocols imposed as a consequence of COVID-19. We are currently utilising couriers and where possible, volunteers. All deliveries are no-contact until further notice.
Distribution by request
Animal carers may contact our Sanctuary Co-ordinator to directly request goods. Upon receipt of a request, we pack the order from stock holdings and arrange no-contact delivery via our volunteer network, or courier. Unfortunately, at this time we are removing the option of Carers collectings supplies directly from us.
If we are unable to supply requested goods, we will endeavour to source those items via our extended network. We also note these for future supply lists.
Distribution by direct support
Our team is constantly monitoring news items, chat groups, social media and other sources for requests of support. Once we have identified a carer we can support, our Sanctuary Co-ordinator will reach out to arrange supply of required items.
Where to deliver your donated goods
We have taken possession of our new Distribution Centre, which is very exciting news! While we’re in the process of making final arrangements to occupancy and workplace compliance, we’ll be be open for limited hours.
In Person Deliveries – on hold until further notice due to COVID-19
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: in order to minimise risk to Patrons, the Distribution Centre will be closed to the public until further notice. We will monitor advice from World Health Organisation and Government and update our operating hours accordingly.
Deliveries can still be addressed for post to:
Animal Patrons Australia c/- Karan White, PO Box 3064, Auburn, Victoria, 3123.
Karan, our Founder, is currently picking orders from the Distribution Centre and arranging courier collection or delivery from her home in line with best-practice social distancing and no-contact regulations.
The bush fire crisis and now, COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on animals, habitats and their humans’ capacity to provide for them. Your donation – no matter how big or small – will make a difference in assisting carers in disaster zones.
Animal Patrons Australia needs your financial support. We can’t do it without you and we won’t succeed without support from our Patrons. If you can spare a once-off donation or a recurring contribution we can immediately widen our reach and impact, you can donate here.