Each week, Animal Patrons Australia collect and distribute essential supplies to animals affected by disaster. Below is the current list of goods required, as requested by sanctuaries, shelters and carers.
Rescue and Rehabilitation Supplies – Week 12, 2020
Any item from our wish list will greatly assist the efforts being made to the animal carers we are assisting. This week we’re focusing on food as the sanctuaries we’re servicing as desperate for food.
General Supplies – available from most supermarkets and pet stores
- Dog and Cat Food – kibble and canned
- Rabbit and Guinea Pig food
- Fruit baby food squeeze packs
- Bird Seed – Finch, Small Parrot, Wild Bird and Rainbow Lorikeet mix
- Metal food bowls
- Batteries – assorted sizes
- Torches – preferably ones which can be worn on head
Animal Supplies – available from most pet stores, wildlife feed suppliers and online
- [URGENT] Di-Vetelact – readily available, search online for best price
- [URGENT] Wombaroo Kangaroo Pellets (any size – readily available, search online for best price)
- [URGENT] Macropod Pellets (any size – readily available, search online for best price)
- [URGENT] Crittacare (any size and variety – readily available, search online for best price)
- [URGENT] Herbivore Pellets (any size and variety – readily available, search online for best price)
- Animal feeding bottles and teats
How we distribute donated goods
On same or next day of receipt, all goods are sorted, counted and catalogued into our stock database. At any one time we have an accurate stock take of all goods held in our Distribution Centre.
Distribution by request
Animal carers may contact our Sanctuary Co-ordinator to directly request goods. Upon receipt of a request, we pack the order from stock holdings and arrange transport via our volunteer network, or established distribution network. Carers also have the option to collect supplies directly from us.
If we are unable to supply requested goods, we will endeavour to source those items via our extended network. We also note these for future supply lists.
Distribution by direct support
Our team is constantly monitoring news items, chat groups, social media and other sources for requests of support. Once we have identified a carer we can support, our Sanctuary Co-ordinator will reach out to arrange supply of required items.
Where to deliver your donated goods
We have taken possession of our new Distribution Centre, which is very exciting news! While we’re in the process of making final arrangements to occupancy and workplace compliance, we’ll be be open for limited hours.
In Person Deliveries – closed this week due to COVID-19
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: in order to minimise risk to Patrons, the Distribution Centre will be closed week commencing 16 March. We will monitor advice from World Health Organisation and Government and update our operating hours accordingly.
Deliveries can still be addressed for post to:
Animal Patrons Australia, 443 Swan Street, Richmond, Victoria, 3121
Or to Karan White, PO Box 3064, Auburn, Victoria, 3123.
The bush fire crisis has had a devastating impact on animals and their habitats. Your donation – no matter how big or small – will make a difference in assisting carers in disaster zones.
Animal Patrons Australia needs your financial support. We can’t do it without you and we won’t succeed without support from our Patrons. If you can spare a once-off donation or a recurring contribution we can immediately widen our reach and impact, you can donate here.
Image used with permission from Jo-Anne McArthur / We Animals Media.